Sunday, April 24, 2011

New Blog Beginnings

Source of picture: dawndh

[Insert quote about a famous poet wisely saying something along the lines of how life is s*** (for want of a better word) but everyone makes do with the best they have.]

This blog is an outlet for me to speak of my struggles and victories and document them in a witty and humourous manner. I know it's a big ask for me to be witty and humourous but I am hoping to see the funnier side to situations considering I find myself too often in unhappy ones. My former colleague affectionately put it as: "Only you can find yourself in such depressing situations" when I told him the story of my good self catching the train to work and being rubbed up against the whole journey.

So why the sudden rush to publish the detailed ongoings of my life on an online public forum? I recently completed an overseas work stint in Singapore (more details to come in later posts). I enjoyed every exhausting moment of it . The point of it, since coming back, was the realisation that I have been living a monotonous life - trudging along for 21 years without giving a single, careful thought as to how I wanted to be in life. Hence the aptly named title of this blog 'Strength of the Soul' is a toast to improving and finding the things to help improve my soul and, ultimately, make me a happier and content human being.

My posts will be prefaced with the words "The strength in...". I understand that by doing so, most of my titles won't make any grammatical or structural sense. The reason why I'm choosing to write my titles in this manner is simply because in whatever situations I find myself in, whomever I have the fortunate (or unfortunate) chance of meeting and however I'm currently feeling about life, contribute to how I perceive the world and thus add to or challenge the strength of my well being.

I am hoping that this blog will be kept updated until the day I graduate from a torturous 5 years at law school - June 2012. This final year should (hopefully) be packed with drama and musings from the crazy world I constantly find myself in. I also hope to face the transition from student to law graduate with the wisdom of an adult and the knowledge that life up to then was worth it.

Till then, you can find me hovering over Tumblr, Twitter, Shantaram and The Perks of Being a Wallflower.

1 comment: