Sunday, December 25, 2011

The Holiday Season

Picture found on: o_lie
"Once again we find ourselves enmeshed in the Holiday Season, that very special time of year when we join with our loved ones in sharing centuries-old traditions such as trying to find a parking space at the mall. We traditionally do this in my family by driving around the parking lot until we see a shopper emerge from the mall, then we follow her, in very much the same spirit as the Three Wise Men, who 2,000 years ago followed a star, week after week, until it led them to a parking space." - Dave Barry
Here's hoping that these holidays will bring warmth, love, and happiness to all those who deserve it (ie. everyone).  Even though Christmas was never really celebrated as part of my family's religious beliefs, we still managed to find the will to see family friends, and, if lucky, would see family members all over the world. Spending time with those who you love can easily be taken for granted. Sometimes I hated going to other people's houses and having to mingle with people who I barely even knew. But I suppose I actually look forward to those gatherings now. They are events which are all too rare in my everyday life nowadays.

My dad flies back tonight after spending his 2 month hiatus from life in the sunny island of Singapore. No doubt, I was extremely jealous of his fortune, especially during times of exam study and 9-10 hour work days. But the upside is that he has promised me a great heap of presents from my favourite shopping city in the world (as well as from my lovely cousins, aunts and uncles). We're sort of even now. Haha.

Have a safe and wonderful holiday! And in the wise words of Jerry Springer, "Take care of yourself and each other."

No comments:

Post a Comment