Thursday, August 25, 2011

The Way To... Beautiful Skin


I've decided to include my personal beauty routines as part of my blog entries. I think it's nice to take a break from all my usual 'philosophical writings' and splurge my writing prowess onto something that requires lesser focus - although is just as important, substance-wise. Haha. Glowing healthy-looking skin is something I pride myself in and for years, I have invested a fair amount of money looking for the near-perfect products. So far, the following have been well-worth the expenditure and wait.

From L - R:
  • The Body Shop Chamomile Eye Make-Up Remover - The first thing I do before I take an evening shower is to remove my eye make up, if I have any on. The chamomile has an amazing soothing effect on my weary eyes. Also, no one likes looking like a panda in the morning... Use: Everynight
  • The Body Shop Aloe Calming Facial Cleanser - The amount of brands I have gone through since I started using cleansers is plentiful. I tend to kick myself for not knowing of the wonderful benefits of Aloe Vera in my teenage years. Knowing that this plant works well for my skin, I'm staying put for a very long time. Use: Everyday/Everynight
  • The Body Shop Aloe Calming Toner - To tone or not to tone. That is the question. The answer is To Tone. Always. Use: Everyday/Everynight
  • Malin + Goetz Detox Face Mask - If ever I choose to go back to a product twice, it means I have excess cash to spend or the product does wonders for my skin. The latter of the two is the most plausible scenario. I don't dabble in face masks very often, so to have one that comes in a pump container is very convenient for those late nights when I can't be bothered going through my whole Cleanser-Toner routine. Use: 2 times a week
  • Khiel's Epidermal Microdermabrasion - When I first used this product, I was worried about how harsh the small beads were. But when used sparingly and in a gentle manner, this product exfoliates dead skin cells effectively. Use: 1-2 times a week
  • The Face Shop Post-Acne Brightening Serum - Oh... the post-acne years are quite a b****. This product is probably the most coveted of my skin care essentials. I have terrible scarring on my cheeks (and only my cheeks!) so investing in a good product is quintessential for my self-esteem. I've been using this serum for 5 months now and have noticed decent results. I'm still not 100% satisfied with it, but so far it's doing its best. Haha. Use: Everynight
  • The Face Shop Post-Acne Night Time Spot Eraser -  Something to assist the brightening serum in carrying out its work... Use: Everynight
  • The Body Shop Tea Tree Blemish Fade Night Lotion - Moisturise, moisturise. People should moisturise. How else do you get soft, supple, youthful-looking skin? Use: Everynight
  • The Body Shop Vitamin E Eye Cream - To be honest, I'm looking to invest in an all-in-one eye cream in the near future. But this pink tube has been serving me well, for now. Use: Everynight

I have bombarded you with enough information on my daily/nightly skin routine that I'm going to take a nice relaxing shower and dabble in my products until the next post... Aurevoir.

P.S. Keep an eye out for very exciting news in the near future that involves... travel, food, culture and possible work opportunities. In other words, good things!

No comments:

Post a Comment